Asparagus, Ham & Cheese Bites
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 8 thick asparagus tips
- 120g Manchego cheese, cut into 8 thin wedges
- 4 slices ( approx.) 50g jamon Serrano or Iberico, cut in half lengthways
- 11/2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment. Whilst the oven is preheating, place the asparagus in a large frying pan and cover with boiling water from the kettle.
3. Bring up to the boil and boil for 1 minute. Drain carefully (to prevent damaging the tips) and pat dry on kitchen paper.
4. Place a piece of cheese on top of each tip of asparagus and secure by wrapping with a strip of ham tightly. Place on the baking sheet.
5. Brush all over with oil and bake for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has just melted. Serve warm.