Rustic Farmhouse Pâté
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- Arden’s Cracked Black Pepper & Spelt Oaty Thins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g streaky bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 450g chicken livers, membranes removed
- 50g butter
- A few leaves of coriander and parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the bacon and fry until lightly browned.
2. Add the onion and garlic, reduce the heat to low and cook until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned.
3. Add the chicken livers to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until they are cooked through (8-10 minutes).
4. As the livers cook, add the butter a bit at a time.
5. Remove from the heat and season the livers. Stir in the herbs, salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse just until a coarse pate is achieved.
7. Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film, scrape the chicken liver pate into the dish, top with pistachio nuts, cover with cling film and chill overnight.
8. Turnout onto a serving platter and scatter with herbs and pistachios.
Delicious served with Arden’s Cracked Black Pepper & Spelt Oaty Thins