Garlic, Lime & Coriander Prawn Skewers
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 18-24 large raw king prawns preferably unpeeled, thawed and drained if frozen (depending on size; frozen may be smaller than fresh)
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
1. Peel the prawns, leaving the end of the tails intact. Soak 18 wooden skewers in cold water (this will prevent them from burning during cooking).
2. Mix the garlic, oil and lime rind and juice in a shallow, non-metallic dish and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the coriander and the prawns and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or longer or overnight, covered, in the fridge.
3. One at a time, open out the prawns and push onto the skewers, starting at the ‘non-tail end’ of each prawn.
4. Cook on the BBQ or on a hot griddle pan, turning once or twice for 3-5 minutes or until golden and pink. Serve straight away with lime wedges.
For a more ‘grown up’ version add a dash of rum or tequila to the marinade.