- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 1 (400g) can chick peas, drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini (see tips)
- Paprika for sprinkling and extra olive oil to drizzle
1. Place the chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and tahini in a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
2. Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Tahini is a thick Middle Eastern paste made from sesame seeds available from most large supermarkets and health food stores. If you can’t find it use a tablespoon of nut butter (peanut, almond or cashew) and a dash of sesame oil.
Make different flavoured hummus by adding favourite ingredients to the blender. For example, roasted red peppers, Moroccan spices; ground cumin, coriander and a pinch of chilli flakes, pesto sauce or a handful of fresh leaves or herbs such as wild rocket, parsley or fresh coriander.