Huevos Rancheros Lunch Bowl with Corn Salsa & Avocado
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 1 bag of Arden’s Fiery Chili & Spelt Oaty Thins
- 2 corn on the cob
- 200g tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 2 limes
- olive oil
- 1 green jalapeno chilli
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans
- Small bunch coriander
1. Bruise a garlic clove and add to a small saucepan with the black beans.
2. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Leave to bubble away over a medium heat whilst you prepare the remaining ingredients. Add a splash of water if needed.
3. Brush the corn with a little olive oil and season well.
4. Dice the tomato’s, finely slice the spring onions and chilly. Finely chop the coriander including the stems.
5. Mince the remaining clove of garlic. Peel the avocado and finely slice.
6. Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into a medium sized bowl and cut the remaining lime into wedges.
7. Heat a griddle pan until searing hot, griddle the corn until blackened on all sides. This should take around 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the corn from the cob with a sharp knife and mix with the lime juice, tomato’s, spring onions, minced garlic and half the chilly and coriander. Season to taste.
9. Fry all four eggs in a little olive oil to your liking. Divide the salsa, avocado, black beans and Fiery Chili & Spelt Oaty Thins between 4 bowls.
10. Top each bowl with the fried eggs, a wedge of lime and sprinkle over the remaining chopped coriander. Serve with Hot sauce.