Indian Spiced Roasted Beetroot and Feta Salsa Topped Chili
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- Arden’s Fiery Chili & Spelt Oaty Thins
- 300g beetroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp’s olive oil
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- Small bunch coriander
- 100g feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the beetroot into a lidded saucepan and cover with hot water. Cook for around 45 minutes testing the beetroot is cooked through by piercing the beetroot with the tip of a sharp knife.
2. Leave to cool a little before peeling the beetroot, the skins should slip of easily now. Cut the beetroot into 1 cm cubes.
3. Add a tbsp. olive oil to a medium sized frying pan over a low to medium heat add the minced garlic, cumin seeds, chilly, garam marsala and chilly powder and sauté for 1 minutes.
4. Add the beetroot, season to taste and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and crumbly in the feta cheese.
5. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stems, stir through the beetroot mixture. Spoon into a bowl and serve with Arden’s Fiery Chilli & Spelt Oaty Thins