Two Colour Tomato Salad
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size4
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of ½ small lemon
- 1 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cucumber
- 200g red cherry plum tomatoes
- 200g yellow cherry plum tomatoes
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
1. To make the salad dressing: Place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey and garlic in a small bowl or screw top jar. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix.
2. Set aside for flavours to infuse (this can be done several hours in advance of serving, if liked).
3. Trim the ends from the cucumber and cut in half lengthways. Use a teaspoon to scoop the seeds from the centre of each cucumber half.
4. Slice the cucumber thinly and place in a serving bowl or dish. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl or dish along with the fresh basil leaves.
5. Remove the garlic from the dressing and stir or shake to mix. Drizzle over the cucumber and tomatoes and toss gently to combine.